c:geo for Blackberry is no longer updated. If you have BB10.2.1, pease use the official Android version (sideloading).
c:geo is a simple to use but powerful geocaching client with a lot of additional features. In contrast with other similar applications, c:geo doesn’t require web browser nor exports. You can just go geocaching with your phone and without any home preparation or worries. Of course, you can go without paying – it’s free.
– View caches on a Live Map
– Search for caches by various criteria
– Log your finds online or offline
– Store cache information on your device
– Create and manage waypoints
– Navigate using compass, map, or other apps
– Import/Export GPX files
– Full support for trackables
– Offline caching functions including offline maps
The BlackBerry version brings some (minor) limitations:
– No Google maps/satellite maps
– The additional tools are disabled since the toosl are not (yet) available for Blackberry
– The calendar plugin does not work
Beside of the limitations, there are also some nice things that still work:
– You still can use Google Maps when you load the static maps
– You can convert Google Navigation from Android and sideload it. c:geo then can directly access it
– You can convert GCC from Android and sideload it. c:geo then can directly access it
– send 2 cgeo works as well
c:geo is developed by the c:geo team.
I only maintain only the BlackBerry version!
For help, you can ask me or directly the c:geo team at www.cgeo.org if it is not a BlackBerry specific problem.
Get it for free at appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/28277410. If you are still stuck on BB10.0, you download it from here and side load it (see my sideloading post).
As far as I could test, everything except the file selectors in the settings will work.
Please sideload the official Android version as available from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cgeo.geocaching.
c:geo for Blackberry is based on the official c:geo for Android. See www.cgeo.org for a detailed changelog of the Android version. Here I only summarize the changes for Blackberry:
· Importing changes from official c:geo release 2013.08.26
· Importing changes from official c:geo release 2013.06.05
· Minor changes
· Initial Port to BB10
· Removed Help button in toolbars
· Removed obsolete Help manual
· Added menu buttons in toolbars
· Replaced Home button with a Back button in all toolbars
· Removed menu entry for additional programs
· Added Cancel button to dialogs (but not possible for sub menus)