This is a little tool which enables you to send a Magic Package from your Synology DSM to wake up any PC on your network.
It was originally written by Axl, but I enhanced it a bit:
- Optimized for touchscreens (run button, bigger buttons)
- You can now tap on the run button instead of double tapping
- Added German translation
- Added Package centre icon
1.2 (08. March 2013)
- Download the WOL package below and install it through the DSM package interface.
- Also you will have to install PERL. It is provided by Synology and should be visible in the DSM package interface.
- Starting with DSM 4.2 (and in case of issues with DSM 4.1), you also have to install the ExtJS package:
Download ExtJS package from the link below and install it through the DSM package interface.
Alternatively, you can get it from download.huihoo.com/extjs/
In that case you will have to extract it manually into the folder /usr/syno/synoman/scripts/extjs/ on your DiskStation (create the folders if they do not exist yet).
(Thank goes to Dirk for this tip!)
Both packages are no continuously running scripts. Therefore they can not be permanently started in the package interface! Both always will stow status „stopped“. This is completely fine!
If somebody knows how to fix this in the package meta data, please let me know.
If you have issues on not getting it working (or the Database entries do not show up), follow those instructions:
- Remove WOL, ExtJS and Perl (and all packages which depend on it)
- In the DSM settings, go to DSM Settings and select the tab Security. Then de-select the option Improve protection against cross-site forgery attacks
- Restart your Diskstation
- Install the packages again in this order:
After that it should work again (Tested with DSM4.2.3211 and DSM4.33776)!
I am not planing to write any update. I am not using it myself anymore (no usage for it at the moment). How ever the source code is free and anybody can give it a try (just download the package and unzip it).
Since many people complain about its issues and are begging for updates, I might start a donation list. If there are enough people willing to donate a fee of 5..10 $, I might invest some of my free time for a rewrite. Keep in mind, nothing is for free. For all the free software we can just download, somebody is investing a lot of free time!
[wpfilebase tag=file path=’software/wol_1.2.spk‘ /]
[wpfilebase tag=file path=’software/ExtJS_1.1.1.spk‘ /]